Pepper Gang began by researching, studying, and understanding each specific vertical and developed a strategy for their target markets. Within each vertical Pepper Gang developed a persona of the individual that would be looking for ProGroup’s services and targeted them at each stage of the buying cycle.
Pepper Gang’s goal was to drive relevant customers through the information process and bring them back into play after they had learned about the services. Some of their techniques included:
- Keyword targeting – Increasing visibility in relevant searches when prospects are actively searching online.
- Geofencing – Placing a perimeter around top prospect locations and getting in front of the right audience at an exact geographical area.
- Remarketing – Targeting people in the buying cycle where they were making the decision.
- Gmail Campaign – Sending a message to individuals who received related industry emails.
- Media Buy – Placing advertisements in multiple channels such as industry publications, news sites, associations, trade shows, etc.
Pepper Gang was able to identify targets by understanding their online and offline behavior which included their interests, backgrounds, history, demographics, and location. With this information, they advertised on a variety of distinct channels where these individuals could be reached such as tradeshow association sites, and online industry publications. Pepper Gang also adjusted ProGroup’s website and landing page to fit the industry and improve the customer’s on-page experience.