27 Oct 5 Tips for Staying on Top of Your Social Media Game@ali_peppergang) Mornings, (especially Monday’s) can be busy if you’re managing multiple social media accounts for your company, your clients, or both. I know for me, I spend at least an hour in the morning just checking notifications and responding to any posts, tweets, comments, etc. So, how does one stay organized amidst all of the tasks a social media manager needs to keep up with?
- Create a posting schedule Do your research, find out who your target audience is and then come up with a posting schedule that will be informative and engaging. Not only will it save you time, but your followers will know they can check back on your page on a certain day for information (like Trivia Tuesday). Figure out how many posts/tweets a day you will need to have and then, come up with the topics for each post. For example… Health Industry Client 2 Facebook Posts a Day Monday Post 1. Quote/ inspiration Post 2. Product showcase.Continue this throughout the whole week. Don’t forget that social media doesn’t sleep and you will need posts through the weekend. Once you’ve come up with your social media schedule, you need to figure out what time is best for posting. You can find this information out by using Twitter/Pinterest analytics and/or Facebook insights.
- Schedule posts ahead of time Finding or creating content to post is very time consuming, so in the interest of saving time, schedule your posts in bulk, days in advance. By doing so, you won’t have to stop what you’re doing to post. At Pepper Gang we use OutMarket to schedule posts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- Give yourself a time limit When you are looking for content to share, it’s easy to get lost in the abyss of the internet. One minute you’re looking for an article on PPC and then next you wind up watching the latest TED talk. Posting is only a part of the job when it comes to managing social media, decide how much time you are going to devote (1-2-3 hours, whatever fits your needs best) and that’s IT!
- Keep a list of resources It’s also important (and time saving) to have a list of resources where you can go and you know there will be related content. I also have Google alerts set up so that I can stay up to date on relevant topics and see what’s trending. There are also great apps like Feedly where you can subscribe to industry news sites and blogs.
- Use image generators I post a lot of quotes, tips and facts for Pepper Gang and our clients. Finding a good, eye-catching background that goes with the content is important. Canva is a fantastic, easy to use, image-editing tool that creates images for posts on social media.